[Zope3-Users] best way to get started nowadays?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sat Sep 22 08:28:10 EDT 2007

Chris Withers wrote:
> So, what *is* the "standard" way now and where can I read about how to
> do it?

That's in flux at the moment.  I think Philipp's zopeproject is a step
in the right direction, but haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet.

I've put up the basic buildout I use when starting projects at
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Sandbox/benji/zope3-from-eggs. You should
be able to check that out, run bootstrap.py, bin/buildout, then use
bin/ctl start to start ZEO and Zope.

You'll want to change some values in setup.py and buildout.cfg for your
project (package name, etc.).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer