[Zope3-Users] Re: Buildout recipe to create config file from contents in buildout.cfg?

Jürgen Kartnaller juergen at kartnaller.at
Sat Sep 29 07:22:28 EDT 2007

Derek Richardson wrote:
 > I am using hexagonit.recipe.cmmi to install pound (www.apsis.ch/pound)
 > in front of zope. After I cmmi, I need to install a config file. I'd
 > like to include the pound config file in buildout.cfg, like the zcml
 > section in zc.zope3recipes:application. Is there a simple recipe for
 > making a file out of a section in the buildout.cfg and putting it in a
 > particular place? Or is there a 'best' recipe to use to get close? Or is
 > this a reason to write a new recipe from scratch and contribute it? I
 > see this simple functionality as having many use cases.

Hi Derek,
this is how we setup our nginx with buildout in front of zope:

[nginx]
recipe = zc.recipe.cmmi
url = http://sysoev.ru/nginx/nginx-0.5.31.tar.gz
extra_options = --with-poll_module

[nginx-ctl]
recipe = lovely.recipe:mkfile
path = ${buildout:bin-directory}/nginx
mode = 0755
content =
  #!/bin/sh
  PIDFILE=${nginx:location}/logs/nginx.pid
     case "$1" in
       start)
        ${nginx:location}/sbin/nginx -c
${buildout:directory}/src/lovelybooks/nginx.conf
         ;;
       stop)
         kill -QUIT `cat $PIDFILE`
         ;;
       reload)
         kill -HUP `cat $PIDFILE`
       ;;
       restart|force-reload)
         $0 stop
         sleep 1
         $0 start
         ;;
       *)
         echo "Usage: $SCRIPTNAME
{start|stop|restart|reload|force-reload}" >&2
         exit 1
         ;;
     esac

Here we create a start script using lovely.recipe.mkfile .

lovely.recipe also containe mkdir to create a directory.

Hope this helps.

Jürgen