[Zope3-Users] Authentication without cookies

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Mon Apr 14 12:47:14 EDT 2008

Hi,
I'm developing a Zope3-based application which is used on mobile phones. The
problem here is that cookies don't always work with mobile browsers.
Therefore it seems, the way to go is to put a session key in the URL.

Therefore I need some authentication system that first tries to set a cookie,
and if it does not work, inserts somehow a key into every URL, whereas a
credentials plugin retrieves this key.

However, I assume I'm not the only one with such a scenario, therefore I'd
like to know if somebody solved this problem already?

If not, is there some suggested scenario how to find out if the browser
supports cookies?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7