[Zope3-Users] Authentication without cookies

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Tue Apr 15 03:48:02 EDT 2008

Am Montag, 14. April 2008 19:17 schrieb Jonathan:
> [...]

Thanks, that's an interesting read! It's astonishing, how bad standards are
implemented in mobile browsers. The summary seems to be to either use
adaptation, which means to optimize the code to a variety of browsers/phone
models (recommended way) or to use a very limited subset, a least common
denomiator. Things that are not recommended to use for mobile pages are such
simple things such as:

- Use only simple inline-CSS or none
- Do not try to colour links
- Cookies are not reliable
- Page caching may lead to problems

> Hermann, as a test you could try setting a cookie, do an http redirect and
> see if your cookie is accessible.

Yes that's an option, thanks. However, it seems, the better praxis is to
entirely avoid cookies for mobile clients and store a session key in the URL.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7