[Zope3-Users] TextIndexNG ranking questions

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Apr 15 08:03:35 EDT 2008

--On 15. April 2008 13:46:09 +0200 Thierry Florac <thierry.florac at onf.fr>
wrote:

> Le mardi 15 avril 2008 à 13:18 +0200, Andreas Jung a écrit :
>> Using the ranking of TextIndexNG makes basially only sense when you
>> perform  a query against the index alone - not in combination with
>> queries against  other fields.
>
> Yes, that's what I thought... :-(
> So is there an easy way to "intersect" the results of several distinct
> queries, so that the results order provided by TextIndexNG and following
> ranking is kept ??

Intersection is likely possible. However I don't know about the
implementation of hurry.catalog or the other related Zope 3 components.
Performing two queries and intersecting the results (e.g. given by paths,
UIDs or whatever) is basically supported through the various BTree types
or Zope or by Python's set module..

Andreas