[Zope3-Users] "raise Redir(newurl)" not working - can someone confirm this?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Sat Apr 19 13:38:36 EDT 2008

Am Samstag, 19. April 2008 15:43 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> On Apr 19, 2008, at 6:20 AM, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > To confirm this, I'd like to know if this scenario is only happening
> > for me,
> > so, can you please simply insert the above statement in some
> > arbitrary view
> > and tell me if it works?
>
> This may be a bug in Zope 3.  I suspect that there needs to be an
> error view or Redirect that actually does the redirect.
>
> I think you are going to have to register a page for the redirect
> exception that calls response.redirect.
>
> See zope.app.exception.browser for other examples of exception views.

Ah, yes, thanks. I managed to register a page for this exception, which is
called in this case, however, what I don't know is how to extract the
exception string (which is the URL I want to redirect to) in my view. Any
suggestions?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7