[Zope3-Users] How do I set up layers for functional testing

kevin gill kevin at movieextras.ie
Tue Apr 22 09:56:52 EDT 2008

I am trying to use the functional test tools on pages created with the
z3c.forms library.

zopeproject created a function testing layer for me in testing.py and
matching ftesting.zcml.

When I setup my z3c.forms layouts I registered my own layer and configured
them on that specific layer (rather than the default layer).

How do I functional test my z3c.forms views (in this scenario)?

     do I re-register the layout stuff on the functional layer?

     do I register the layout stuff directly and templates directly
     for the test. I found a snippet which does this for unittesting?

     or is there a way to get testing.py FunctionalLayer to
     inherit / include my application layer(s)?

     do I write simpler layout templates and register them for functional
     testing?

     or do I go read a good manual page on functional testing and layers
     that you can direct me to? :-)

Thanks,

Kevin