[Zope3-Users] efficiency of PAU authentication

nixon nxnth at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Apr 29 09:24:22 EDT 2008

Hi, dear all,

PAU authenticates 2 times each request, before and after traversal.
What if I make an authentication plugin based on relational database?
Everytime the plugin has to create a pricipal from database, assign roles to it, ...
When the website is under heavy load, there must be huge number of authentication request.
Is RDB based PAU efficient enough to do authentication?

I have an idea of session-cache authentication: fetch credentials from RDB and cache them in session. Is this more efficient?

Best Regards
Nixon