[Zope3-Users] Configuration Problems?

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 11:29:28 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've read all the books and readme's as well as most of the source. I
also went through as many tutorials as I could find.  I just can't seem
to 'get' the configuration process for the ZCA.

I used Paul Carduner's ZContact tutorial.  I had no problem with it.

I have a rather large healthcare project based on a robust set of
specifications.  Most of the implementation for the specifications are
complete.  We are just finishing a 10 day workshop on implementing these
specs. using the ZCA as the application server.  We made some great
improvements in the code. But ......

When it comes to actually viewing our content with a browser we fail.  I
thought that certainly a workshop full of bright people working all day
on this problem would be able to discover what is missing; nope.

If you have ZCA skills and are interested in getting into a field
developing interoperable healthcare applications for NGOs and
governments worldwide then we can offer to teach you the intricacies of
these specs in exchange for your help.  We NEED you!

Running paster serve debug.ini:
The exact issue at this point is that we built a skin and layer as well
as a display form using the zc3.* eggs modeled after the ZContact
example. Using the introspector from the ZMI shows the contents of the
object and all looks okay.  But if we try to use the skin and form
(named index.html) using a URL like this:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/++skin
++DemoAT/AR/openEHR-EHR-EVALUATION.goal.v1/@@index.html

we get a ComponentLookupError (traceback below).  I just can't seem to
figure out WHERE the look up error is coming from.

I do see that "if adapter is None:'  raises the error and my  guess is
that there isn't one registered for "Archetype" objects (these are not
Plone Archetypes).  So, where to look?

The source is available at:
http://www.openehr.org/svn/ref_impl_python/TRUNK/oship

Since this is based on zopeproject the configure files and browser
subdirectory are at:
http://www.openehr.org/svn/ref_impl_python/TRUNK/oship/src/oship/

Thanks for taking a look and I hope I can encourage some (one at least)
of you to spend some time with us on this rapidly growing project.

Cheers,
Tim

Module paste.evalexception.middleware:306 in respond
Module zope.app.wsgi:54 in __call__
<<          handle_errors = environ.get('wsgi.handleErrors', True)

            request = publish(request, handle_errors=handle_errors)
            response = request.response>>  request = publish(request,
handle_errors=handle_errors)
Module zope.publisher.publish:133 in publish
Module zope.app.publication.zopepublication:167 in callObject
<security proxied zope.app.publisher.browser.viewmeta.ArchetypeDisplayForm instance at 0x217ebd0>

Module zope.publisher.publish:108 in mapply
Module zope.publisher.publish:114 in debug_call
Module z3c.form.form:189 in __call__
Module z3c.form.form:184 in update
Module z3c.form.form:134 in update
Module z3c.form.form:126 in updateWidgets
Module z3c.form.field:241 in update
Module zope.component._api:103 in getMultiAdapter
<<      adapter = queryMultiAdapter(objects, interface, name,
context=context)
        if adapter is None:
            raise ComponentLookupError(objects, interface, name)
        return adapter>>  raise ComponentLookupError(objects, interface,
name)
ComponentLookupError: ((<zope.schema._bootstrapfields.Field object at
0x7f9af8717ad0>, <zope.publisher.browser.BrowserRequest instance
URL=http://127.0.0.1:8080/++skin
++DemoAT/AR/openEHR-EHR-EVALUATION.goal.v1/@@index.html>),
<InterfaceClass z3c.form.interfaces.IFieldWidget>, u'')

Join the OSHIP project.  It is the standards based, open source
healthcare application platform in Python.
Home page: https://launchpad.net/oship/
Wiki: http://www.openehr.org/wiki/display/dev/Python+developer%27s+page