[Zope3-Users] Is zope3 dead?

Alek thealx at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Dec 21 13:18:00 EST 2008

 For some time, I have a bad, worrisome feeling that Zope3 development pace
has slew down.
Today looked to zope wiki and discovered that there are virtually no new
articles. I've also found that last release is almost one year old and zope
3.4.0c0 is not even a real release, but a release candidate. Someone would
say: *hey, but maybe the development has just been decentralized? Zope 3.4
is the first eggified release, so maybe the development just moved to eggs
(z3c.* and others)*.
But I digged deeper and searched for some stats of Zope3-Users traffic,
thanks to google. What I found I have published on a chart at
http://pmiblog.blox.pl/2008/12/Is-Zope3-Dead.html. The traffic is at least
half lower in 2008 than in 2007.

Maybe the traffic moved somewhere else - to Wiki? This hypothesis haven't
worked: I looked to zope 3 wiki and:

   - the last new topic is 3 months old
   - last month there is one edit of a topic
   - After July 2008 there was not a one month with more than 5 edits.

To summarize: It seems that zope3 development and engegement have been
stalled for over half a year.
Any thoughts? Have I missed some switch to other communication channels? Or
maybe grok really took away all hearts and souls?
What are the causes of the slowdown? Or maybe I just misinterpret the
symptoms?

Warm Regards,
Alek