[Zope3-Users] using zope.testing's testrunner outside of zope

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Feb 3 00:05:23 EST 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008, Chris Withers wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > If you use buildout, there is a recipe for creating a test runner. See
> >
> > http://svn.zope.org/zope.kgs/trunk/?rev=83325
> >
> > for a good example.
>
> Where's the actual test runner or test runner creater?

[test]
recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
eggs = zope.kgs [test]

> >> Also, what's the best way to indicate in setup.py that my package needs
> >> zope.testing for the tests?
> >
> > There is a "test" option, where you can list all packages that should be
> > installed for testing. See
> >
> > http://svn.zope.org/zope.component/trunk/setup.py?rev=81358&view=auto
>
> What's the difference between tests_require and extras_require['test']?

"tests_require" contains a list of test dependencies that setuptools uses for
its integrated test support. Unfortunately, this lsit is not exposed, so
buildout cannot use it. So instead, we use "extras_require['test']" to
provide that same list.

Regards,
Stephan
--