[Zope3-Users] z3c.form - howto ignore the context for single widgets in an Edit form?

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Feb 7 19:33:01 EST 2008

Stephan Richter a écrit :
> On Thursday 07 February 2008, Christophe Combelles wrote:
>> Maybe the best way to have a password validation would be to let the
>> PasswordWidget display two password fields and check itself the values are
>> the same?
>
> Bingo. :-) I Would implement a PasswordConfirmationWidget. Then you have a
> special converter that throws an error, if the passwords do not match.

I have written a very basic confirmation with only javascript, that does not
enforce password equality but just warns the user, and that should be sufficient
in most case.
This is a template that just has to be registered for PasswordWidget, without
implementing a new widget:
http://kelpi.com/script/10992d

<z3c:widgetTemplate
     template="password_input.pt"
     mode="input"
     layer="myapp.interfaces.IMyLayer"
     widget="z3c.form.browser.password.PasswordWidget" />

If a PasswordConfirmationWidget was implemented, the javascript code should
probably be moved into the widget view class.

Christophe