[Zope3-Users] Dynamic __providedBy__

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Feb 14 18:22:46 EST 2008

Hi!

I may have a use case where I need an instance to provide marker
interfaces dynamically. That is, under certain conditions I want the
type to say it provides a particular marker interface, and otherwise it
doesn't. It still needs to support the usual by-class and
directly-provided idioms for providing interfaces, including
directlyProvides()/alsoProvides().

Is such a thing possible? Perhaps one could make __providedBy__ a
dynamic property or something? Or is this a very bad idea?  :)

Martin