[Zope3-Users] Cloning interfaces/interface fields - how?

Adam Groszer agroszer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:29:46 EST 2008

Hello Hermann,

HH> Hi,
HH> I'm over and over confronted with a simple pattern, where I need to clone
HH> interface field. For instance, I have the content object, which has an
HH> interface, e.g.:

HH> class IPersonSearch(Interface):
HH>   name = copy.deepcopy(IPerson['name'])

Might not be the nicest solution, but works here.

You can do some magic too:

from zope.interface.interface import InterfaceClass
newIF = InterfaceClass(name=newname, __module__ = module,
                           attrs=newfields)

Where newfields is a dict with keys of name and values of fields
(deepcopied).

--
Best regards,
 Adam Groszer                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
--
Quote of the day:
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.