AW: AW: [Zope3-Users] z3c.form - howto ignore the context for singlewidgets in an Edit form?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Feb 21 02:03:51 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008 04:41 schrieb Stephan Richter:
> On Monday 18 February 2008, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > - Only widgets?
> > - Combinations of schemas and widgets?
> > - Also schemas without widgets (like an Email schema that inherits from a
> > TextLine and thus uses a TextWidget)?
>
> These are good questions. We started already collecting the schema fields
> in z3c.schema. So I think z3c.formwidget should only contain the widgets
> and converters.

Ah, ok, I was not aware of the z3c.schema package.
Anyway, Roger suggested to solve this in another style by creating an egg for
each schema and widget, e.g. z3c.schema.email, z3c.formwidget.email,
z3c.schema.telephone, z3c.formwidget.telephone etc. He made some good points
there, so I'm unsure which way to go?

I think this leads to an "eggsplosion", but Roger stated that this is exactly
what the concept of eggs is all about. However, I'm still unsure that
handling hundreds of eggs is really a viable way.

For instance, I use z3c.form from the SVN repository, this way I always have
the newest release via a simple checkout. However, it was quite some work to
checkout/configure all other packages z3c.form needs, such as z3c.pagelet,
z3c.formui etc. etc. So, in case of an eggsplosion, where a package has e.g.
50 dependencies, using an SVN version is a mess, especially when a SVN
version depends on code available only in the SVN and not as Egg. Are such
cases all really thought out?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7