[Zope3-Users] Re: zopeproject on windows XP

cato adriano at euma.com
Thu Jan 24 07:17:48 EST 2008

Philipp,

At 18.41 21/01/2008, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>cato wrote:
>>and decide to give it a try. I installed MinGW (I'm on Win XP) and
>>the result follows. What lives me somewhat puzzled is the the path
>>"c:\documents and
>>settings\adriano\documenti\zope\altay_db_as_ftp\zope\tmppocqmz\zdaemon-2.0.1-py2.4.egg\zdaemon\zdctl.py"
>>
>>reported in the stacktrace, is NOT present in my sandbox !
>>"tmppocqmz" is not even there !
>
>Right. That's because setuptools compiles eggs in a temporary
>directory. That's why all compiles paths are completely wrong,
>making the debugging of egg code a bit complicated.
>
>>C:\Documents and Settings\adriano>cd "C:\Documents and
>>Settings\adriano\Documenti\Zope\altay_db_as_ftp"
>>C:\Documents and
>>Settings\adriano\Documenti\Zope\altay_db_as_ftp>bin\altay_db_as_ftp-ctl.exe
>>AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_UNIX'
>
>The problem is that zdaemon currently doesn't work on Windows due to
>the fact that it's based on Unix sockets. I should find the time and
>update the FOO-ctl script to also work on Windows. There's some code
>in Zope 2 that will allow me to do that. If anybody is interested to
>look at it him/herself, I'm more than willing to accept patches *wink* ;).
>
>The solution on Windows is to simply not use the FOO-ctl script.
>Instead, use paster:
>
>   bin\paster server deploy.ini

thank you. I'd be happy to help with this, but at now I still don't
know exactly what zdaemon is and what's the difference between paster
serve deploy.ini and FOO-ctl.

Also, as you can see from the frequence I post here with, I can't
give so much time to this project.

When I finish (IF I finish) this thing, I'd like to investigate the
incompatibilities introduced by SQLAlchemy 0.4 and try to fix
Zalchemy. I'll have to investigate about what a transaction is (I
still don't know). I saw the publish method but I didn't dig deep
enough to see what a transaction is.

I'll keep in touch, anyway

Bye
Catonano