Fwd: [Zope3-Users] z3c-form meta.zcml error

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Jan 24 16:16:11 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 06:40:08PM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> > On Jan 23, 2008 10:12 AM, Peter Koppatz <pkoppatz at web.de> wrote:
> > > What has changed between 1.7.0 and 1.7.2?
> > >
> > > ls -al | wc -l
> > >
> > > 1.7.0 --> 76
> > > 1.7. 2 --> 47
> > > there are no *-txt , *.zcml anymore!
> >
> > Someone must have built the release tarball from a fresh SVN export;
> > setup.py does not include txt and zcml files and such by default when
> > building a release tarball, while a development egg would include
> > those. In other words, the maintainer of z3c.form (and I mean YOU,
> > Stephan) should add a MANIFEST.in with the lines "global-include
> > *.txt" and "global-include *.zcml" in it and re-roll the release.
>
> The problem are faulty ZIP files that do not open correctly in Linux. The ZCML
> and Text files are there, but are not extracted correctly by setuptools.

When we encountered this problem during the Foliage sprint, the problem
was not the use of .zip instead of .tar.gz, but a manifest with \r\n
line endings inside the archive.  setuptools did rstrip('\n') on the
lines and then tried to copy nonexistent files with a names that ended
in '\r'.  The bug was fixed on the same day in a newer setuptools 0.6
prerelease.

Marius Gedminas
--
Funny off-topic messages are always on-topic.