[Zope3-Users] zcml for z3c.form

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Jan 27 12:43:16 EST 2008

Hi John,

On Thursday 24 January 2008, John wrote:
> I'm converting from formlib to z3c.form.

Cool! :-)

> What should my configure.zcml look like?
>
> For formlib it is:
>
>   <browser:page
>     for="zope.app.container.interfaces.IAdding"
>     name=".Person"
>     class=".browser.PersonAddForm"
>     permission="zope.ManageContent"
>     />
>
> I assume the 'for=' value should change, but to what?

Yep, it changes to the container interface:

   <browser:page
     for=".interfaces.ILimosvc"
     name=".Person"
     class=".browser.PersonAddForm"
     permission="zope.ManageContent"
     />

By not using IAdding, it is hard (as in I have spent 30 mins trying to make it
work and couldn't) to reuse the default add menu. That said, who still uses
it? :-) The Zope 3 menu code is dog slow.

Also, note that we do support IAdding for the poor souls that still have or
want to use it. See
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.form/trunk/src/z3c/form/adding.txt?rev=78513&view=auto

Regards,
Stephan