[Zope3-Users] Re: zope.schema Question

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Jul 7 10:55:02 EDT 2008

Tim Cook wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 07:07 -0300, Tim Cook wrote:
>
>> So once I remove all those characters I can get back to the task at
>> hand.
>
> Hmmmm, well those characters were a problem.  However, I still get the
>   File
> "/home/tim/buildout-eggs/zope.schema-3.4.0-py2.4.egg/zope/schema/_bootstrapfields.py", line 165, in _validate
>     raise WrongType(value, self._type)
> zope.schema._bootstrapinterfaces.WrongType:
> (<openehr.rm.datastructures.itemstructure.itemtree.ItemTree object at
> 0x7f72c659b5d0>, <type 'unicode'>)
>
> error.
>
> It occurs at the point where the ItemTree object is assigned to
> Activity.description.  The ItemTree.items attribute is a List.

What does ItemTree.items field have to do with Activity.description
field? I thought we're talking about the Object(schema=IItemTree) field
inside IActivity here?

> Printed it looks like this:
>
> [(['include', ([(['archetype_id/value', (['/disposition\\.v1draft/'],

As you correctly stated in your own reply, this doesn't comply with the
List() field. The List() field expects a list object with a bunch of
unicode values in it, e.g.: [u'text', u'more text', ...].

> All of my source files have the unicode declaration:
> # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-  as the first line.

That's not a unicode declaration, that's just the source code encoding.
It has nothing to do with whether your objects are unicode or not.