[Zope3-Users] How to debug a MemoryError

Encolpe Degoute encolpe.degoute at ingeniweb.com
Thu May 15 14:34:58 EDT 2008

2008/5/15 Jonathan <dev101 at magma.ca>:

> "Encolpe Degoute" <encolpe.degoute at ingeniweb.com>
>

>  Hello,
>> During a big migration process in which files are extracted from Data.fs
>> to be put on the filesystem the Zope 2.7 server that we use always hits
>> a MemoryError.
>> It's not always on the same file, but always on the same call and with
>> the same memory consumption: 2.7GB. Code below:
>>

> It sounds like you are accessing the Data.fs file via the Zope server
> (external method?). Have you tried accessing the Data.fs file directly (ie.
> make a copy of your Data.fs file and write a stand-alone python routine to
> pull the objects out and write them to the filesystem)?

 I don't know how to create such a python routine on ZODB 3.2.5. Where can I
can some examples of such routine?

Doesn't really answer your question, but it removes the Zope server from the
> equation.

It's a very good idea.

Thanks
--
Encolpe Degoute - Consultant
INGENIWEB (TM) - SAS 50000 Euros - RC B 438 725 632