[Zope3-Users] Zope3 and SQLAlchemy

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Tue Nov 18 08:51:44 EST 2008

Am Dienstag 18 November 2008 13:06:31 schrieb Thierry Florac:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have to integrate an SQL database (PostgreSQL, with PostGIS
> extensions) into my Zope3 application.
> I'd like to use SQLAlchemy to handle this, and I've seen that several
> packages are available : z3c.zalchemy, z3c.sqlalchemy,
> zope.sqlalchemy...
>
> So my questions are simple :
>  - what package is the best to plug into my Zope (3.3.1) application ?
>  - do all these packages handle the same features ??

I personally use zope.sqlalchemy, beforehand I used z3c.zalchemy. I do not use
any extra features such as automatic interface creation, automatic storage of
Zope objects into the RDB and such.

In my case I'm integrating an existing relational database into my Zope
application, whereas I wanted to use the Power of an ORM machinery.

And for that, zope.sqlalchemy works very well.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7