[Zope3-Users] Grok and Permissions was: ZCML Layout Decision?

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:45:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 10:30 -0700, John de la Garza wrote:

> I much prefer configuring permissions outside of my python code and
> having the app server handle it than checking if a person is
> authenticated before a method's main body.

Hmmm,
It is my impression so far (and that isn't very far) that one still has
all the control of Zope3 but with an easy to get used to frontend.

It will be key for the users of my platform that they will be able to
set permission on an attribute basis.  Am I wrong in thinking that this
will be possible even though the application started out as Grok?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services