[Zope3-Users] 3.4 status, how can i help

JeanMichel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Wed Oct 22 11:58:30 EDT 2008

> Actually I believe we could release just now. We have setuptools 0.6c9 and
> ZODB3.8.1 in the KGS trunk, so we just need a tag for zope.release, then
> publish the version.cfg. There is a remaining bug in the buildbot, but it
> is due to bad timing in the ZEO tests and the build slave being slow. This
> is not really a test failure. http://zope3.pov.lt/buildbot/
Nice !

> Another hard(?) task will be to create the tarball version, because it was
> a promise, and some people will probably find it usefull.
>
> Is there someone to make the final release?
tarball can be a good things to be released, as far as a clear buildout like
KGS has been done, it's easy

> > I will start a zope3 code generator using the bests components
> > availables, and i would like to contribute to help make zope3 a bit more
> > famous and used.
>
> this is a very good idea

Thx, a friend of mine (cedric brun) is one of the authors of acceleo
(http://www.acceleo.org/pages/home/en) I have tested it, and only one things
to say: it rocks.

> > I think zope3 need more documentations (install, status, roadmap, how to
> > , ...) grok is better on that point, but i want to work on zope3 level.
> > How can i help ? Where can i publish this documentation ?
>
> There is an ongoing effort to create a new zope.org site :
> http://new.zope.org
> http://www.openplans.org/projects/zorg-redux/project-home
> The mailing list used for this effort has been moved to :
>
> We need to find more contributors for the content. I have written some
> basic tutorials and other sections, but we need more. The site is currently
> a Plone 3, but I'm not sure Plone is useful for this case, since the site
> is not intended to be a collaborative workspace, but just a static
> informative site. I think it could just be powered by a bunch of static rst
> files converted to HTML and stored in the main svn repository. But this is
> not important for now, we just need content and doc.

Really nice theme! i will help you for the contents. I will write a "getting
started / how to install" for zope3. i think we have to split install of zope2
and zope3. For each version make different way of install. Here at makina-
corpus we use a very good deployement tool called minitage, i will add it as a
way of installing zope3 soon. I need to take a closer look to KGS first.

> Christophe

Thx Christophe.