[Zope3-Users] ImportError: No module named viewlet.interfaces !!

Chetan Kumar chetan.mlist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 07:37:08 EDT 2009

Stephan Richter wrote:
> For some reason that smells like a circular import problem,
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

The reason was the absence of path to zope.viewlet egg from the
sys.path. This slippage can surely be attributed to buildout. Also
discovered that  out of 170 eggs listed in buildout.cfg only about 60
appear in the scipts generated by buildout (paster, debug, ctl, python).
Does it sound reasonable to say that buildout machinary may need attention?
I do not know if this issue has hit others.
I added the paths to the scripts and moved one step further before
getting caught in another situation. Now, the <browser:viewletManager>
directive is absent. meta.zcml ???
Cheers