[Zope3-Users] "Module zope has no global viewlet"

Chetan Kumar chetan.mlist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 04:14:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:

> Am 12.04.2009 um 12:56 schrieb Chetan Kumar:
>
>> Hi all
>> I am using  virtualenv and zopeproject with the following output [1].
>> This is attached for reference and I am not sure if this output should
>> bother me at this stage.
>>
>> As, I would like to use viewlet managers and viewlets, following
>> http://apidoc.zope.org/++apidoc++/Book/viewlet/directives/show.html I
>> tried this [2].
>>
>> The pristine buildout.cfg [3] is attached for reference in case that is
>> useful.
>>
>> Hope I have been able to express my situation and requirement clearly
>> enough.
>>
>> I wish to find out my mistake, correct it and move on.
>
> Did you declare zope.viewlet as an install requirement in the setup.py of
> your project? Maybe zopeproject does not do this automatically.

I would happily declare this if that is the way to go.
My expectation (however misinformed/inaccurate/stupid) has been that
when I use zopeproject all will be well.
zope.viewlet is present in the KGS listing of packages but does not
appear in the bin/paster and other scripts. I expected it to be
present there too. Oh btw, the zope.viewlet egg was available all
along at the usual location.
Getting to see some light there.
Thanks
Cheers