[Zope3-Users] Attempting to use z3c.rml properly...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 19:28:22 EDT 2009

Roger Ineichen wrote:
>> I've given up on using z3c.rml (or indeed reportab's open-source
>> software) with Google's AppEngine as the restrictions they
>> were too constraining.

It's interesting to see z3c.rml knocking around. I've often questioned
the legal existence of z3c.rml. As far as I remember, RML forms part of
the commercial stuff that ReportLab (the company) offers and I'm not
sure even the spec of the xml and/or the name RML are available for use
without talking to ReportLab first...

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as legality is something people
should take into account even in the open source world ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk