[Zope3-Users] Attempting to use z3c.rml properly...

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Apr 28 23:16:27 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009, Chris Withers wrote:
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
> >> I've given up on using z3c.rml (or indeed reportab's open-source
> >> software) with Google's AppEngine as the restrictions they
> >> were too constraining.
>
> It's interesting to see z3c.rml knocking around. I've often questioned
> the legal existence of z3c.rml. As far as I remember, RML forms part of
> the commercial stuff that ReportLab (the company) offers and I'm not
> sure even the spec of the xml and/or the name RML are available for use
> without talking to ReportLab first...
>
> Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as legality is something people
> should take into account even in the open source world ;-)

There are no legal issues. Andy and I always communicated about me writing
z3c.rml. The reason ReportLab, the company, was so upset with the tinyRML
author was because the author did not properly credit ReportLab as the
underlying PDF generation library. z3c.rml gave credit were credit was due.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter