[Zope3-Users] [ZCML] Issue with conflicting browser:page decl

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Aug 6 10:44:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 04:14:49PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> On 05.08.09 16:11, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 07:22:36PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I'm really puzzled about the following ZCML configuration conflict
> >> where I am trying to override a browser:page for defined in
> >> dateable.chronos.browser.events.EventListingView.upcomingEvents
> >> with slightly customized implementation within my own idg.theme package.
> >> Both ZCML configuration are of course identical except the the 'class'
> >> is different.
> >> Anything I am missing?
> >>
> > The ingenious model of ZCML overrides.
>
> My configuration was almost right - including the includesOverrides
> statement within my configure.zcml. However I was using
>
> <includesOverrides file="overrides.zcml" />
>
> instead of
>
> <includesOverrides file="" />

What on Earth does that do?  From reading the source code I can see that
it's equivalent to

  <includesOverrides file="configure.zcml" />

but still -- are you including the file within itself, using
includeOverrides?

> Black-'n-dirty-magic,

Marius Gedminas
--
For vi emulation of emacs, just type ":sh emacs" (without the quotes).