[Zope3-Users] classProvides and inheritance

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Sat Aug 15 16:49:46 EDT 2009

Hi, I'm new here so please tell me if this is the wrong list.

I have a case where I want a class, ( the class object itself, not an
instantiated class ) to provide an interface so that a utility look up
can get me the class itself. This is working ok with:

class IPet(PersistentResource):
  implements(Pet)
  classProvides(IResourceClass)

but, all classes that inherit from PersistentResource should provide
this too, and this does not get inherited just by using classProvides in
the definitiation of PersistentResource.

Before I go making metaclasses and stuff, thought I should check if I am
missing something simple!

thanks
Iain