[Zope3-Users] Question about menu.py

Simon Elbaz elbazsimon9 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:51:15 EST 2009

Sorry if the mail content is a bit lengthy, but I need to put all the info.

In the following code, there are 2 render functions:
- one using the interface (ok)
- the other uses the utility (ko)

Here is the code snippet:

-----
class AMenuItem(menu.BrowserMenuItem):
        grok.implements(IAMenuItem, IMenuItemType)
        grok.provides(IMenuItemType)
        grok.name('menuitem')
        description = 'coucou'

        def __init__(self, **kw):
                self.kw = kw

        def __call__(self, context, request):
                super(menu.BrowserMenuItem, self).__init__(context, request)

grok.global_utility(AMenuItem)

class AMenuItemAdapter(grok.MultiAdapter):
        grok.adapts(ICdcmenu, IBrowserRequest)
        grok.implements(IAMenuItem)
        title = 'hello'
        description = 'toto'

        def __init__(self, context, request):
                self.context = context
                self.request = request

class Index(grok.View):
        grok.context(Cdcmenu)
        a_menu =  Menubar()
        a_menu('toto', 'Titre toto', 'Toto est de retour')
        id = 'menuitem'

        def getMenuItemType(self):
                return component.getUtility(IMenuItemType, self.id)

# this function render correctly
#       def render(self):
#               resultat = []
#               for name, item in component.getAdapters((self.context,
self.request), IAMenuItem):
#                       resultat.append(item.description)
#               return pformat(resultat)

# this function does not render correctly
        def render(self):
                resultat = []
                for name, item in component.getAdapters((self.context,
self.request), self.getMenuItemType()):
                        resultat.append(item.description)
                return pformat(resultat)
---

If I try to create a utility subclassing interface.Interface and
implementing IMenuItemType like this:

class OtherMenuItem(interface.Interface):
        grok.implements(IAMenuItem, IMenuItemType)

I get the following error:

  File
"/home/simon/.buildout/eggs/zope.interface-3.4.1-py2.4-linux-i686.egg/zope/interface/interface.py",
line 488, in __init__
    raise InvalidInterface("Concrete attribute, " + name)
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/mnt/backup_software/virtualgrok/Menutest/etc/site.zcml", line 4.2-4.32
    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/mnt/backup_software/virtualgrok/Menutest/src/menutest/configure.zcml",
line 5.2-5.27
    InvalidInterface: Concrete attribute, __implements_advice_data__

Thanks for your help
Simon Elbaz