[Zope3-Users] [Zope-dev] Next Step to Bug Resolution???

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 06:02:50 EST 2009

Tim Cook wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 10:06 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
>> Tim Cook wrote:
>>> As I said before I may have miss-diagnosed the problem and may fix may
>>> break other things?
>> This is what a full-coverage unit and functional test suit is for.
>> You have got automated tests for all this stuff, right?
>
> NO! I do not!  I am a ZCA user not a full time python programmer.  That
> is why I a asking for help here.  Initially at least on the Zope Users
> list.

Hang on, you're making out this project of yours is some big deal, and
yet when questioned on whether you use sane development practises, you
throw your hands up in the air...

If anyone is developing any kind of serious project, even as a "ZCA
user", I'd expect them to have automated unit tests with execellent
coverage. If you don't, then your project starts to look pretty weak.

> If you are expecting ZCA users to be full time Python gurus then why
> have two mailing lists?

zope-dev is for the development *of* the zope libraries
zope3-users is for people developing software *with* the zope libraries.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk