[Zope3-Users] Multi platform dev environment

Shailesh Kumar shaileshk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:22:43 EDT 2009

Hi Edward,
Philipp's book (2nd edition which I use) is written with Zope 3.3 in mind.
This was released few years ago. Since then, there has been quite a lot of
evolution in terms of how zope 3 is organized, how instances are created
etc.
- People now use zc.buildout commonly for creating instances and
distributing applications.
-  zopeproject is one recipe for zc.buildout way of doing things.
- People in the zope 3 development community are generally using
zc.buildout
- zopeproject based buildouts I believe can be distributed in its entirety.
They contain all the eggs necessary for your application.

I for myself, have continued to stick with the Zope 3.3.1 for this long as
Philipp's book covered it in quite detail and migrating to the newer ways of
organizing applications would require some work.

For more information about buildout, please visit http://www.buildout.org/

With regards,
- Shailesh