[Zope3-Users] Zope3-users Digest, Vol 71, Issue 5

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Oct 21 16:03:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 07:09:18PM +0200, Adam GROSZER wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Install a C compiler.

He has a C compiler.  Look at the error message.  What he lacks are the
Python header files.

> Thursday, October 21, 2010, 6:26:28 PM, you wrote:
>
> da> Hi Toni and others,
>
> da> Yes zope list is quite silent unlike other open source projects.
> da> I'm new to zope and have been having problems dealing with so many
> da> versions available in zope. I finally settled to get acquainted
> da> with zope 3, when i discovered that zope3 and bluebream are the
> da> same thing even though nobody use bluebream to describe zope 3,
> da> i'm interested in zope because the project i'm managing key
> da> component is developed using zope 3.
>
> da> Now can someone please clarify my assumption that zope and
> da> bluebream are the same platform?

Yes, there was a decision to rename Zope 3 to Bluebream.  The reason is
that Zope 3 was never going to be a complete replacement for Zope 2,
carving out a different niche instead.

> da> Secondly, I have been following the tutorial on bluebream
> da> available at
> da> http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/gettingstarted.html, but i got
> da> stuck at this point ./bin/buildout with this error;
>
> da> (my_zope_env)david at ubusvr101:/var/local/study/sampleproject$ sudo ./bin/buildout
> da> Develop: '/var/local/study/sampleproject/.'
> da> install_dir /var/local/study/sampleproject/develop-eggs/tmpvV1gjcbuild
> da> Installing app.
> da> Getting distribution for 'zope.security==3.7.3'.
> da> install_dir /var/local/study/sampleproject/eggs/tmpUo9VBT
> da> src/zope/security/_proxy.c:19: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

> da> How do I resolve this ?

What OS?   You need the equivalent of sudo apt-get install python-dev
for your distro.

Marius Gedminas
--
http://pov.lt/ -- Zope 3/BlueBream consulting and development