[Zope3-Users] What is the status on Zope4?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Sep 7 07:17:42 CEST 2014

>:

> On 9/6/14, 9:27 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>  without citing the source
>

> My Apologies.  Here it is.
>

> http://slacy.com/blog/2011/02/why-im-unhappy-with-the-pyramid-web-framework/
>
> I quote:
>
> I’m having to read through the Pyramid source code trying to figure out
> what the heck is going on with configuration.
> At it’s heart, the problem with Pyramid is also what makes it great:  They
> don’t prescribe any one way to do anything.

This blog post is basically nonsense. It is three years old, application
site configuration are clearly documented in the
every expressive Pyramid documentation and you usually never need to get in
touch with the Pyramid sources yourself.
I am using Pyramid in small and big projects for years and I _never_ had to
look into the Pyramid source code for achieving
some functionality or whatever! And this is likely true for your
applications...

> On 9/6/14, 9:27 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:
>
> > Worse yet that code has been optimized making it even harder to understand.
> >

> So much bullshit,
>

> Well for this one, I will just quote from
> "Defending Pyramid's Design"
> presumably written by ChrisM himself.
>

> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/pyramid/en/1.3-branch/designdefense.html
>

>   "We optimize Pyramid aggressively. This comes at a cost: the core code
> has sections that could be expressed more readably. As an amelioration,
> we’ve commented these sections liberally."
>
> And that is the author's presumably generous description.
>
> So is ChrisM also a bullshitter?   Then I am in good company.

Who care what is happening under hood and why? As stated above: there is
usually no need to look under the hood of Pyramid.
If you have a reason to do so: please your usecase. Pyramid has great
documentation (compared to Zope & friends) and does not require
to check the implementation in order to understand how Pyramid works. IT IS
DOCUMENTED.

> I really do have the highest respect for ChrisM, and Pyramid.  And I do
> think it is a valid choice to use a tool that keeps your options open.  But
> there is also a valid choice to have a certain way of doing things.   There
> is a philosophical difference between Grok and Pyramid, and it is important
> that someone points it out.

Most of your point are basically wrong and  nonsense based on missing
information, lack of experience and your special view on things as we have
seen in your annual weird postings over the last decade.

-aj