[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 84/ 5 Resolve "Can't edit SoftwareReleases I own"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Mon Aug 25 18:59:28 EDT 2003

Issue #84 Update (Resolve) "Can't edit SoftwareReleases I own"
 Status Resolved, content/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/84

= Resolve - Entry #5 by Brian on Aug 25, 2003 5:59 pm

This is because published items must be retracted in order
to be edited (otherwise reviewed publishing would be meaningless).

We're trying to make the error messages clearer on this and
put it prominently in the site FAQ.

-BL
= Comment - Entry #4 by jmeile on Aug 15, 2003 3:40 am

I even tried to take the ownership of the Software releases but I'm still having that error message. Why don't you give the owner a manager role over the object that he/she owns?
= Comment - Entry #3 by leper on Aug 13, 2003 4:27 am

Likewise.  I can't edit my Software Packages or Software Releases.

My software releases also show their author as being 'ZopeOrgSite',
which obviously, is wrong.
= Comment - Entry #2 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 12:59 pm

I get the same thing when trying to save http://zope.org/Members/simon/ZWiki/swpackage_edit_form
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Aug 4, 2003 7:24 pm

I have SofwareReleases that I own but can't edit.

Your user account does not have the required permission. Access to 'edit' of (SoftwareRelease at /zopeorg/Members/adustman/Products/MySQLdb/0.3.0) denied. Your user account, adustman, exists at /acl_users. Access requires one of the following roles: ['Manager']. Your roles in this context are ['Anonymous', 'Authenticated', 'Member', 'Owner'].