[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 277/ 1 Request "Insufficient privileges"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Tue Oct 21 10:57:23 EDT 2003

Issue #277 Update (Request) "Insufficient privileges"
 Status Pending, content/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/277

= Request - Entry #1 by Brian on Oct 21, 2003 10:57 am

[moved from Zope collector for Colliberty]

Some news articles published on the front page of Zope.org give the error message "Insufficient privileges".

I suggest two changes:

1. Don't render links to news articles that either anonymous or members can't access.
Possibly indicate in the listing that an article is for Members only, if such limitation is wanted. Personaly I think it should not, it's an Open Community.

2. Somehow the authors must be notified when there articles aren't accessible (hence not rendered).
I guess the case coluld be that they could see the article but no one else can (if they are logged in at the moment)?