[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 205/ 6 Comment "What happened to external editor"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Fri Sep 12 09:46:24 EDT 2003

Issue #205 Update (Comment) "What happened to external editor"
 Status Resolved, functionality/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg/205

= Comment - Entry #6 by jim on Sep 12, 2003 8:46 am

That works. Thanks!
= Resolve - Entry #5 by dtremea on Sep 12, 2003 8:37 am

> I still don't get the external editor icon, the pencil.
>
> Someone needs to edit the skin template for a wiki page to
> inclide the external editor icon/link.

Added an action 'External Editor' for wiki and document types.
= Comment - Entry #4 by jim on Sep 12, 2003 6:25 am

The permission part was fixed. I;ve been able to edit for several days.  I still don't get the external editor icon, the pencil.

I can invoke external editor by editing the url:

 ..../externalEdit_/somepage

but, needless to say, this is extremely incobvenient.

Brian thought that the icon was lost when we switched the skin
back to the standard skin.

Someone needs to edit the skin template for a wiki page to
inclide the external editor icon/link.

= Defer - Entry #3 by dtremea on Sep 12, 2003 6:17 am

> Actually, I can't edit any more. I can get an edit form,
> but when I try to save, I get a basic auth prompt. It looks like
> security has gotten messed up.  This probably explains the
> lost pencil. :)

Jim, I double check your Member folder permissions.

Please, let me know if all is working again... ;-)
= Comment - Entry #2 by jim on Aug 26, 2003 6:27 pm

Actually, I can't edit any more. I can get an edit form,
but when I try to save, I get a basic auth prompt. It looks like
security has gotten messed up.  This probably explains the
lost pencil. :)
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Aug 26, 2003 6:19 pm

It was great that I could use external editor to edit wiki pages.  I just went to edit a page and the pencil is gone!