[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 311/ 1 Request "version ordering SNAFU"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Sat Jan 17 11:49:04 EST 2004

Issue #311 Update (Request) "version ordering SNAFU"
 Status Pending, navigation/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/311

= Request - Entry #1 by faassen on Jan 17, 2004 11:49 am

It's rather ridiculous that the version ordering problem still has not been resolved on zope.org. It's not just the situation here for Silva:

http://www.zope.org/Members/infrae/Silva

which shows a beta while a final release of 0.9.3 already exists.

It also happens to zope corporation itself, and has been for months,
which this text on the ZODB 3.2 page makes clear:

> The current release is ZODB 3.2 released on Oct. 8, 2003. Ignore the
> information on the right side of this page; it is incorrect.

http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.2

It also happens for Zope itself, showing a version from 1999 as the "Latest Release" in the sidebar.

http://zope.org/Products/Zope

I've reported this problem long ago. It's been going on for months. Can someone please fix this?