[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 164/ 3 Resolve "zope.org collector clarifications needed"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Thu Jul 22 13:34:08 EDT 2004

Issue #164 Update (Resolve) "zope.org collector clarifications needed"
 Status Resolved, content/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/164

= Resolve - Entry #3 by slinkp on Jul 22, 2004 1:34 pm

There are so many sub-issues here, some of which are resolved.  I'm marking this as resolved, but will check the sub-issues and open a separate issue for each if it's still open and there's no issue for it already.
Comments below...

>> All major collectors should be listed on the home page
>
>Or at least, the "report a bug" link should link to the list of
>collectors, instead of jumping into the Zope collector.

This is done.

>= Request - Entry #1 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 2:42 pm
>
>I hope these belong in the main zope.org collector - but I'm not sure
>you'll agree, so I'll start by noting them all briefly here.
>
>- we should make the zope.org collector link very prominent on the
>  home page. At present it appears in the main page orange box, but
>  amidst a large quantity of text and along with another collector
>  link. In the sidebar there is a "report a bug" link, but it's only
>  for the zope software.

I think the current setup is good enough.
Report Bugs  --> Zope.org development

>- if possible we should use consistent and clear naming when
>  discussing and linking the zope, zope.org and other collectors. Eg
>  "zope collector", "zope.org collector" ? "report a zope software
>  bug", "report a zope.org website bug" ? All major collectors should
>  be listed on the home page - but the fewer of these, the better.

I think the main collectors page is pretty clear.
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/

>- the italic text at the top of zope.org collector
>  (http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg) pages needs updating. "new" and
>  the reference to the "current zope.org tracker" should be
>  removed.

"new" is still there, "current zope.org tracker" is gone.

>  Also the tracker at http://www.zope.org/Tracker should be
>  deleted.

It's still there.
Can we safely delete it?

>- the collectors should be moved to the zope.org site, to include them
>in the site search, remove the need for a double login, etc.

resolved.

>(However
>they should still use the whole page width - no sidebar obscuring the
>issues.)

I disagree.

>- we should find a way to list more than 20 issues at once.

+1, should be a fairly trivial UI addition.

>- also the zope.org collector seems to show at most 100 issues - no
>  more Next link after the 100th result. I don't see this problem on
>  the main zope collector.

This appears to be resolved.

>- anonymous visitors should be able post followups (and create issues,
>  if they can't already)

will check this.

= Comment - Entry #2 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 2:47 pm

> All major collectors should be listed on the home page

Or at least, the "report a bug" link should link to the list of collectors, instead of jumping into the Zope collector.
= Request - Entry #1 by simon on Aug 12, 2003 2:42 pm

I hope these belong in the main zope.org collector - but I'm not sure you'll agree, so I'll start by noting them all briefly here.

- we should make the zope.org collector link very prominent on the home page. At present it appears in the main page orange box, but amidst a large quantity of text and along with another collector link. In the sidebar there is a "report a bug" link, but it's only for the zope software.

- if possible we should use consistent and clear naming when discussing and linking the zope, zope.org and other collectors. Eg "zope collector", "zope.org collector" ? "report a zope software bug", "report a zope.org website bug" ? All major collectors should be listed on the home page - but the fewer of these, the better.

- the italic text at the top of zope.org collector (http://collector.zope.org/ZopeOrg) pages needs updating. "new" and the reference to the "current zope.org tracker" should be removed. Also the tracker at http://www.zope.org/Tracker should be deleted.

- the collectors should be moved to the zope.org site,
to include them in the site search, remove the need for a double login, etc. (However they should still use the whole page width - no sidebar obscuring the issues.)