[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 361/ 3 Resolve "Errors in Zope How-Tos list"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Wed Feb 1 01:49:43 EST 2006

Issue #361 Update (Resolve) "Errors in Zope How-Tos list"
 Status Resolved, functionality/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/361

= Resolve - Entry #3 by d2m on Feb 1, 2006 1:49 am

changed the HowTo listing to combine old and new how-tos
= Comment - Entry #2 by d2m on Jul 31, 2004 12:00 pm

> "Indexes all content in the site"

Some findings:

1. There are index-entries for removed objects.
2. In the dtml that displays the list <dtml-with getObject> does not throw an error for these objects, but create a link to portal_catalog itself.

= Request - Entry #1 by d2m on Jul 30, 2004 7:13 pm

 Supporters added: d2m

Les Ferguson writes in a mail to webmaster at zope.org:

Hi, I am browsing thru the Zope How-Tos list, which is paging thru 200
items. On almost every page, there are multiple entries with the title
"Indexes all content in the site"

These links all bring up a site error (catalog not callable from the web).

I am logged in at the time, if that is relevant.
The list would be a whole lot smaller and faster to browse thru if these
items were removed from it.

Also, in the products collection, would it be possible to add more
filtering criteria, such as flags for projects that are: inactive;
deprecated; no content except links to a commercial site;
historic/renamed project recommending another project page; and maybe
some flags to indicate which Zope technologies are implemented so we can
search out, for example, ZPT based projects and not DTML.