[ZO-Coll] [ZOC] 311/ 3 Comment "version ordering SNAFU"

Collector: NEW Zope.org (the ... zope-web at zope.org
Sun Nov 11 14:34:11 EST 2007

Issue #311 Update (Comment) "version ordering SNAFU"
 Status Pending, navigation/bug critical
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/ZopeOrg/311

= Comment - Entry #3 by shh on Nov 11, 2007 2:34 pm

FWIW, this is still broken. See http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile where 2.0 comes before 2.0.2.
= Comment - Entry #2 by gittew on May 27, 2004 7:11 am

I have the same problem with My Media Manager: http://www.zope.org/Members/gittew/MyMediaManager

It says that the latest version is 1.3rc1 while there has actually been a final 1.3 release.

It's quite a problem because people are downloading the old version. And send bug reports that has been fixed in the later version.

Isn't it possible to either fix the 'Latest version' thing or remove it? As it is now it's only confusing.
= Request - Entry #1 by faassen on Jan 17, 2004 11:49 am

It's rather ridiculous that the version ordering problem still has not been resolved on zope.org. It's not just the situation here for Silva:

http://www.zope.org/Members/infrae/Silva

which shows a beta while a final release of 0.9.3 already exists.

It also happens to zope corporation itself, and has been for months,
which this text on the ZODB 3.2 page makes clear:

> The current release is ZODB 3.2 released on Oct. 8, 2003. Ignore the
> information on the right side of this page; it is incorrect.

http://zope.org/Products/ZODB3.2

It also happens for Zope itself, showing a version from 1999 as the "Latest Release" in the sidebar.

http://zope.org/Products/Zope

I've reported this problem long ago. It's been going on for months. Can someone please fix this?