[ZPT] CVS: Packages/TAL - README.txt:1.14

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 16:02:17 -0500

Hi Evan,

I've checked in the changes to suppress output of TAL, METAL and
relevant XMLNS attributes.  These are suppressed by default when
'tal=1' is passed to the TALInterpreter() constructor.  You can force
showing them by passing this constructor 'showtal=1', and force hiding
them (not sure what good that is :-) with 'showtal=0'.

As far as I'm concerned, this can go into the 1.0.1 bugfix release.

I've updated the TALDefs.TAL_VERSION constant to 1.0.1.  Since you're
not yet making the TAL program persistent, this shouldn't break
anything.  But given that the HTML parser is relatively slow, you
might want to change this and cache the program and macros in
persistent variables.  If you make that change, we need to talk about
what to do about old programs -- I could either provide a function
that checks whether a program is still valid, or I could try to make
the TALInterpreter support older versions (with reason).  Or we could
do both.

Do you want the simplified handling of structure replace/content in
1.0.1?