[ZPT] Re: Why no properties on templates?

Tim Moore tmoore@tembel.org
27 Apr 2001 18:56:50 +0000

"Evan Simpson" <evan@digicool.com> writes:

> From: "Tim Moore" <tmoore@tembel.org>
> > Is there a particular reason why there's no way to set properties
> > on templates as you can with folders, images, DTML documents,
> > etc.?  I'd find it useful myself.  Is this something that might
> > appear in a future version of ZPT?
>
> Partly because no one has taken the time to add them.  What's your
> use case?

Well, as I said in a previous post, I've got a master template that
writes the <head> section.  It includes a link to a stylesheet, but
that stylesheet is getting a bit large so I thought I'd break into
several smaller ones, if I could find a way to have each template
specify which ones it wants to use.  I think the most elegant way
would be to have a lines property on each template called
"stylesheets" or something that declares the sheets that it needs.
Then the master macro would generate a series of link elements based
on the values in that property.

Just a thought anyway :-) It's not a dire need or anything, I was just
curious whether it was something that could happen in the future, or
something that was inherently impossible for some reason.

--
Tim Moore