[ZPT] container when called from METAL

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 16:24:09 -0400

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> "container" in the macro page is bound to the Box, not to the Skin. It seems
> like container should be bound to the Skin instance, not the Box instance.
> Or, is there something I'm missing about container?

When a template uses a macro, the macro is grafted into the template
before any TAL processing.  TAL statements in a macro therefore operate
in the same context as "native" parts of the template, and have no idea
that they've been brought in from another template.

What you're trying to do is tricky, and I'm not sure what the best way
to do it is.

Sorry,

Evan @ Zope