[ZPT] customisations get reverted

Matthew Hawkins matthew@topic.com.au
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:04:27 +1100

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Michael Twomey wrote:
> I think you've run into the "expand templates when editing" issue I
> bumped my head off once or twice. For example if you are editing
> index_html it includes main_template and expands it. So you can edit
> parts which are generated from the main_template but of course are never
> saved since they aren't in the actual content of index_html. It can be a
> bit confusing sometimes to know which parts are "generated" and which
> are actually part of the document. Of course if this isn't the problem I
> would love to know what makes my changes occasionally disappear too :)

Well, unchecking the box and resaving the template now always gives me
the correct code _in the management console_.  If I "view source" on the
generated page though the customisations are not there.  I do have
"custom" before everything else in the right skin in the portal_skins
properties.  It's simply not working.

Another idea was to edit the zpt files directly on the filesystem.  I
consider this a gross hack, and my major concern with it is how do you
specify which CMF site the modifications affect?  I'd prefer to render a
staging site utterly useless than the production one ;-)

--
Matt