[ZPT] Straw Poll 2: Back to the Wiki

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:44:33 +0200

I gave me answers on each individual page (except WholePageMacros), with a
little comment.

I've recently been typing up quite lengthy templates using ZPT and most of
them are rewrites from DTML. To be honest, I find the error messages
appalling.

For example.
"Products.PageTemplates.TALES.CompilerError: Invalid variable name " with no
indication of where.
This can happen if you make the misstake :

The worst one is ' Products.PageTemplates.TALES.CompilerError: "" '
which I can't reproduce at the moment but it basically arise when you're
trying to be too smart with TALES expression often including python:

That line and column number is very very important if the template is long
and becomes difficult to debug with the mix of no line number and a vague
description.

Keep up the great work and trash the PluralSynonyms proposal.

Cheers, Peter