[ZPT] suggestion: content and/or silent repeat

Gary & Karyn Gary & Karyn" <garykaryn@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:48:24 -0400

> first have a look at the proposed changes at
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/ProposedChanges

Ah-ha!  Thank you.

I voted (1: +1, 2: -1), commented on the pertinent page
(http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/DisappearingTags), and
included the following proposal.  I repeat the proposal here for notice and
possible discussion--if posting such a comment excerpt here is poor
etiquette, I would very much appreciate hearing about it.

Alternate proposal to proposal 2: tal:repeat_internal
  The situation in which the noted problem arises is in repeats.  If a tag
attribute is available that repeats only its internal contents, I believe
many situations could be resolved more gracefully.  In an example modified
from one in Evan's "Getting Started" tutorial, the tbody tag would not be
endlessly and pointlessly repeated in the produced code, for instance:
container/objectValues"><tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE"
tal:condition="repeat/item/even"><td tal:content="item/title">a

I wanted to keep the comment as short as possible, so I stopped it there,
but please ask me if anybody is interested but finds I haven't been clear
enough yet.

Thanks a lot.

Gary