[ZPT] ZPT stability

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 23:31:00 -0400

From: <richard@bizarsoftware.com.au>
> Uh, that's two requests over the weekend for big changes to ZPT. One,
> changing the semantics of tal:content and the other to change "here" to
> "context".

It will take a lot of discussion before we decide what, if anything, we can
reasonably do about the tal:content issue.  I'm firmly opposed to changing
the semantics of tal:content, and somewhat opposed to inventing something
new that has the suggested semantics.  As for "here" vs. "context", I expect
that at worst they may become synonyms.

> We'll be shipping our product soon (the second beta goes out today). That
> should probably be taken as an indication that ZPT is currently a highly
> productive system to work in.
>
> So what's the story? Did we simply buy into ZPT too early?

I certainly hope not.  You've been a great help, and I'd hate to see you get
burned as a result.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool