[ZPT] ZPT object called with keywords and pick them up

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:04:20 +0200

When calling a DTML * from Python you pass the 'self', REQUEST, and a free
keyword argument and the DTML* can pick it up.

<for example>
displayname.__call__(self, parent, REQUEST, RESPONSE, name='Peter')
</for example>

That's in Python. To do the same in DTML would be:
<dtml-let name="'Peter'">
  <dtml-var displayname>
</dtml-let>

How is it with ZPT?

We had a working setup with DTML and one of the called DTML objects was::

 <dtml-var name>

And I replaced this with <div tal:replace="here/name">
But that did no longer work.

It might be written in the Wikis but I could do with a little headstart.
Where do you pick up these kind of variables in Page Templates

best regards, Peter