[ZPT] Forms and Zcatalog

Tim Fouracre jhgfjhgfjhgf@hotmail.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:26:14 -0000

Hi I'm fairly new to PT and have two questions.
Ok I want to replicate the results dtml method generated by the Z Search
Interface to a PT. The first question is, is it worth doing? I mean PT are
going places right? but with the dtml way of doing things, it can be over
and done with right now (but then i guess thats the point in learning new
things), and the second question is how do i do it.

Here is roughly the current dtml

this is in the search method
<form action="results">
   <input name="searchword">
   <input type="submit" value="Search">
</form>

and then the results method has the searchword, but when using PT how do you
access the searchword and indeed iterate through the Zcatalog?

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-in ZMailInCatalog size=50 start=query_start>
   <dtml-if sequence-start>
      <dtml-if previous-sequence>
                 >query_start=<dtml-var
                 previous-sequence-start-number>">
        (Previous <dtml-var previous-sequence-size> results)
        </a>
      </dtml-if previous-sequence>
          Search Word
   </dtml-if sequence-start>
          <dtml-var searchword>
   <dtml-if sequence-end>
      <dtml-if next-sequence>
            >query_start=<dtml-var
            next-sequence-start-number>">
         (Next <dtml-var next-sequence-size> results)
         </a>
      </dtml-if next-sequence>
   </dtml-if sequence-end>
<dtml-else>
  There was no data matching this <dtml-var title_or_id> query.
</dtml-in>

cheers
Tim